The Corbett Opera Center at Music Hall
Funded in part by generous lead gifts from The Corbett Foundation and the City of Cincinnati, the Corbett Opera Center provides Cincinnati Opera with much-needed space to continue its operations as a permanent resident of Music Hall.
The four-story Cincinnati Opera headquarters was developed as a "building within a building" inside Music Hall's (previously underutilized) north wing. Led by locally-based firms FRCH Design Worldwide and Frank Messer & Sons, the project was completed in 2004. The completed building includes:
a street-level reception area and box office off Elm Street
space for current and future administrative and production offices
several multi-purpose rooms for meetings, rehearsals and special events
In many ways, the project has returned the north wing to its original glory. In addition to adding tremendous capacity to Music Hall by taking advantage of currently underutilized space, the Opera also restored many of the windows that were included in the original facade.
Importantly, the Corbett Opera Center provides new amenities for patron convenience, specifically, box office and meeting spaces for public events. It also helps to ensure Music Hall's place as a cultural and economic anchor in Over-the-Rhine and downtown by ensuring the ongoing residence of Cincinnati Opera, the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, and May Festival.
1243 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Administrative Telephone: (513) 768-5500
Box Office Telephone: (513) 241-2742
Fax: (513) 768-5552